Adderall is a very common pill taken across the world. Many people might wonder how long does Adderall stay in your system. Overall, it stays in a person’s system for 9 to 14 hours, as that is its half-life. For the drug to completely clear one’s system, however, that generally takes about three days. Those numbers aren’t completely set in stone. This amount of time can vary depending on a variety of factors.
Testing for Adderall
Tests have revealed how long that Adderall will stay in a person’s system. These tests include a urine test, saliva test, and blood test. The results for each one is different.
A person may be tested for several reasons. Testing is administered most commonly for academic, employment, or probation reasons. Since there are so many different methods to test for Adderall in one’s system, the best way to remain clean is to abstain from the drug entirely.
- With a Urine test, Adderall will be able to be detected for 4 to 7 days. In a urine test, a person’s body is tested for the amount of metabolites in their system.
- With a Blood test, Adderall can stay in a person’s system for 12 to 24 hours after taking it. Doing a blood test for Adderall is not particularly common since it makes for a limited window.
- With a Saliva test, Adderall can be found just 20 minutes after being used and 48 hours after that. This is easily the fastest method to find out if a person has consumed Adderall.
- Finally, Adderall can be detected in a Hair follicle drug test for up to a week following usage and up to 90 days total. This is a way to see if a person took Adderall the furthest out, but it can take a week for the drug to be detected after being first used.
|Time||48 hours||24 hours||7 days||90 days|
What can affect the time that Adderall stays in a person’s system?
There are a few things that will have a bit of an effect on the amount of time Adderall is detected within each individual.
- Food: If a person has consumed food before Adderall, it will take longer for the Adderall to clear the system because it will be working to metabolize both.
- Body Composition: Everybody’s body is different, and this certainly plays a role in how long Adderall stays there. Adderall clears the body faster of those with more body-weight than those with less.
- Amount consumed: Perhaps this one is obvious; the more Adderall consumed the longer that it will be able to be detected in a person’s system.
- Frequency of consumption: Much like the amount consumed, if Adderall is consumed frequently, it will take longer to leave the system completely. Taking it more frequently means the body will accumulate it and thus take longer to push it out of your system.
- PH levels: The variance in PH levels can lead to Adderall staying or leaving the system faster. People with a lower PH level will see the drug leave faster than those with a higher level.
- Condition of organs: If a person’s liver and kidney are in healthy condition, Adderall will not stay in the system for as long. This is all because of how the body goes through metabolism.
Why do people take Adderall?
The reasons for which many people take the drug are varied. Adderall is an amphetamine, and this means that it stimulates the central nervous system. Many use it to treat their Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD), which means an individual has a tough time focusing on one thing at a time. Taking the drug helps calm that person down and focus on the task at hand.
However, Adderall can be abused. The drug is highly addictive because it increases one’s dopamine levels. This, in turn, increases one’s pleasure and creates an attitude of positivity, euphoria, and calmness. Many people use it to stay up for long periods of time or get a large amount of work done. It is a prevalent drug among college students for these reasons.
Combining Adderall with other substances such as alcohol can also be quite dangerous. This is because a user is not as aware of their level of intoxication since the drug suppresses the regular effects.
Thus, understanding how long Adderall can stay in your body is quite essential to know about. If you are using Adderall, be sure to keep all of these things in mind.